More in this section...
Meals and Snacks
Our school meals are currently made on a bespoke basis (due to the current Covid 19 situation). If you require further information about school meals please ring school.
Healthy Packed Lunches
At Eastwood, we welcome our pupils bringing packed lunches to eat but request that these are always healthy packed lunches.
According to NHS choices a healthy, balanced lunchbox should contain:
- Starchy foods like bread, rice, potatoes or pasta
- Protein foods like meat, fish, eggs or beans
- A dairy item, like cheese or yogurt
- Vegetables or salad and a portion of fruit
- Water, milk or low-sugar squash
We know that it can be tricky thinking of different, exciting things to pack in lunches so would direct you to the following websites which have lots of really helpful ideas. There are lots of other great inspirational websites available but these 2 are particularly useful:
The following items are not permitted:
- Fizzy drinks or those in glass bottles
- Sweets / chocolate bars (biscuits are acceptable)
- Family size / grab bag size packets of crisps or snacks
- Fast food items such as McDonalds’s / burgers / chips etc…