More in this section...
Each academy in Northern Star Academies Trust has a local governing body which works on behalf of the Trustees to exercise leadership in the running of the individual academy and hold the Headteacher and staff to account. It is responsible for promoting high standards and strives to ensure that young people are attending a successful academy which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being.
The functions of Eastwood’s Local Governing Body are:
- helping the Headteacher and senior leadership team to set high standards by planning for the school´s future and setting performance targets for the school;
- monitoring the effectiveness of the school provision;
- monitoring financial performance against budget and the management of risks against the school´s risk register;
- ensuring funds are spent appropriately and to the best benefit of students, especially disadvantaged students;
- acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher and senior leadership team, offering support and advice;
- helping the school respond to the needs of parents and the community;
- helping make the school be open and accountable to the public for what it does;
- working with the school on planning and developing policies and keeping the school provision under review; and
- exercising the responsibilities and powers delegated to it by the Trustees in partnership with the Headteacher and staff.
|Zafar Ali||Community Governor|
|Anne Lakin||Community Governor|
|Susan Bartlett||Community Governor|
|Andrew Neal||Community Governor|
|Helene Herrington||Staff Governor|
|Sheila Stevenson||Community Governor|
|Umera Tariq||Parent Governor|
To review governor attendance and declarations of interest, please follow this link.
Previous Governors in the last 12 months
|Zaibun Khan||Staff Governor|
To contact any members of the Local Governing Body, please email email@example.com
To send correspondence to the Chair of Governors, please send this in a letter to the school address for the attention of the Chair of Governors, or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Governing Body meetings are usually held in the evening. We attend training sessions and seminars to help us keep up to date with changes in schools and education and to help us do our job effectively. We also go into school to meet the Headteacher, other members of staff and pupils to help us find out how the school is progressing towards its targets.